Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Week 3 EOC My Demographics

As much as I want to be individual and be separated from any social core or society. I am an different millennial with Generation X and Baby Boomer characteristics. Of course that this may not make sense for other but that is who I am. I was born in Cuba in 1982 during a period that the Soviet Union constantly collaborate with the dictatorship of Fidel Castro. Unfortunately the reason why most people my age share this characteristics is because Fidel with his revolution locked the country and we became isolated and somehow obsolete. Cuba is highly influenced by different countries including: Spain, France, England, Germany and North America. The only problem is that our trends get stuck in time. For example, in United State everyday there's something new and by the time you buy it and you get home it is already upgraded, discontinued or there's something better already in the market while in Cuba the people who liked the Beatles back in the 60's still listen to them are big fan and will deny anything after that.

Most of the people of my generation had  access to the beginning of the home game consoles Atari VCS (later 2600) and the first generation of every other console that came after these. However our main favorite activities were riding our bikes, regular outdoors children games, and everything else that was not digital. By the age of 12 I had y first home keys. My parents were working from 8 to 5 pm so I had the option to walk home and prepare my own food until they would comeback. Because of the the trust from our parents we didn't have to be watched while playing, we knew what to do when a car was coming and when to come back home. Also our generation was very respectful of elders, didn't use to cuss much, and most of them would go to the University after high school, only those whose either had kids or were not intellectual oriented would've decide not to continue the studies. Other than that we would look for the growth and taking advantage of every single opportunity in the Medical, Design, Agricultural, Financial or Art fields.

Things that identify other like me

1) 

You’re a Nirvana fan, but you weren’t old enough to go to a show (or your parents wouldn’t let you).

2)

You got your first email address in college…(either msn, hotmail or AOL)


No comments:

Post a Comment