Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Week 5 EOC Social Networks and Job Hunting



Well, I personally don't find a lot of relevance, similarities or contradictions between companies hunting ambassadors to test and promote their product and the usage of Facebook as a social media tool to find a job. i believe is two different approach that not necessarily will lead up to a career in any particular industry. At the same time Facebook is becoming an All-In-One application that is allowing us not only to stay connected as individuals but to stay connected to a computer.  I also believe that their power to promote, attract and help other parties (whether they are individuals or companies) more than any other application. I strongly also believe that Facebook reliability as a job search engine carry way more risk than other sources like Monster and LinkedIn and by that I mean that it is easy to get connected with fake post, predators and people that are not even professionals. so why is it so big on this area? Easy. Everyone is in Facebook so as I big company I want to be where the traffic is and as a money saver strategy I rather using Facebook than someone that promotes him/herself as a super human in Monster or LinkedIn. On the other hand, I really don't see it being used to find brand ambassadors in the job searching area, but I believe that big companies and the consumers would benefit if Facebook would get to that.

When it comes to brand ambassadors I believe that other tools are being strongly used such as YouTube, Public figures profiles and people interested in politics.  when it comes to live a brand most of the people promote it by showing it through pictures and comments in the social media, whether is Twitter, Pinterest and any other.


"Social media is not about the exploitation of technology but service to community."

No comments:

Post a Comment